Monday, January 25, 2010

"If I call it soccer, will he still understand what I'm saying?"

It's late. It's a school night. I'm not looking forward to four days of educational work. Nonetheless, I will force myself out of my warm bed at 5:45 tomorrow morning, just as I will for the other 179 mornings when we ignore that ever-so-tempting offer to stay in bed in order to do that thing they call learning.

Well, I just got home from Clyde's in Columbia, where my mom, my sister and I (my dad is stuck at home sick) met a friend from England, who was here on business. If you didn't know, I was born in England, in a little town called Cheltenham. The food was excellent, and I realized how much fun conversations can be when you're with someone with an accent and a knowledge of a foreign history.

As they say in England, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment