Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SidD'OH!tha

pro·cras·ti·nate
v. pro·cras·ti·nat·ed, pro·cras·ti·nat·ing, pro·cras·ti·nates
v.intr.
To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.

DON'T DO IT.

A few weeks ago in English class, we were given the book Siddhartha by Herman Hesse. Whether you are familiar with the novel or not is not important. What is important is the fact that we were also given a sheet of paper with sixteen journal entries we were to write by January 27th. At the time, January 27th was weeks away. Now, January 27th is tomorrow. I reached into my backpack, pulled out my blue Staples notebook, and looked in it to find only two of the entries completed. Because of this, I'm upstairs working on writing the other fourteen while listening to some pretty good indie music on WVFI, the college radio station for the University of Notre Dame. I can't help but wonder if Mr. Hesse had ever considered naming one of his kids Kamaswami. I'm sure someone has done it. Today, I found out that there's a kid at my school named Awsum. Pronounced "awesome." I think that's pretty flippin' awsum.


1 comment: