Monday, May 17, 2010

One Love

As you may know from reading my earlier post, I got a new phone a few weeks ago. Nice phone. I love it. Yesterday, the Android 2.1 update became available, and, of course, I downloaded it. It's a great update- nearly everything was changed for the better- but there was one problem: all my contacts got deleted. Luckily for me, user-friendliness is high up on the priority list of the makers of the Droid phones. All my contacts were backed up on my Gmail account, and were easily sent back into my phone in a matter of 5 minutes.

Guess who has a math test tomorrow? That's right. Me. And I'm ready. Hell yeah, here we go.

Both the Virginia men's and women's lacrosse teams won their first-round playoff games this weekend, their emotional first games since Yeardley Love, a senior on the women's team, was found murdered by her ex-boyfriend, also a lacrosse player, George Huguely two weeks ago. It's sad how, much like the Duke lacrosse case in 2006, the team, the players, and especially the sport are wrongly yet easily targeted by the media. Especially following UVA player Will Barrow's suicide last November, this kind of publicity isn't incredible for the healing and rebuilding process necessary for the team, the school, and the community as a whole. In Love's honor, the entire team wore a patch on their jerseys which had her initials and her number, 1.  And on the back of the men's blue warm-up jerseys prior to their game on Saturday, in bright orange text, the words "One Love." Love's roommate scored three goals in an incredible performance on Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment