Saturday, May 29, 2010

FlashForward and Lacrosse

Like many other TV shows, the final episode of FlashForward aired Thursday; however, while shows like Lost, 24, and Law and Order, FlashForward was only on for one season. I followed the show closely since the first episode back in September and got really into it, so it goes without saying that when ABC announced that it would not be bringing the show back for a second season, I was pretty upset. I feel like the overall plot was very well-written, the casting was great, and it could have been incredibly successful if it had more of a following. Based on the finale, it's pretty clear that the producers will probably try to get it picked up by another station for another season, maybe TNT or another cable channel. I hope it does. It was one of the few shows I've seen which actually made me think in order to understand everything.

This weekend is the NCAA men's lacrosse Final Four at M&T Bank Stadium in Baltimore. Notre Dame is playing Cornell now, and Virginia plays Duke after that. Last night there were a lot of night-before festivities at the Inner Harbor as the teams arrived. I love how Maryland and Virginia are often considered to be the heart of lacrosse in America, because all the big events for the sport are local. If Virginia wins today, my dad and I are going to try and get tickets to the final on Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment