Sunday, February 21, 2010

Do You Believe In Miracles?

I haven't written in a while. I truly apologize to all those who have developed an addiction to my blog and are now suffering from withdrawal due to my temporary hiatus. Consider it rehab.

I finally got my Zune working. This is my first week with music in about two and a half months. Words cannot express how amazing it feels to listen to simple three-chord punk music again. Here's a sequence of events from when I ordered my Zune to when I got all my music onto it:
1.) Order on 2/7
2.) Stuck in customs in Anchorage, AK.
3.) Arrives on 2/16
4.) Computer does not recognize Zune
5.) Laptop does not install software
6.) In the process of restoring the laptop to factory settings, battery dies, screwing up the computer.
7.) Install Windows 7 onto laptop.
8.) Zune and software install properly, but I can't move the music.
9.) Music is put onto an external hard drive, brought to the laptop.
10.) Music is moved successfully, Zune syncs, Ted has music.

Tomorrow is the 30th anniversary of the Miracle on Ice, when the amateur United States Olympic hockey team defeated the powerhouse Soviet Union team of professional players in what is often considered the greatest upset of all time. The reactions of the crowd, the country, the team, and Al Michaels (Do you believe in miracles?! YES!!!) have developed a legacy of their own, but people often overlook the fact that that game was only a semifinal; they had to beat Finland to win the gold medal. You can't help but wonder, What would have happened if they had lost?Would we still look back on the game against the USSR with the same joy and pride as we do today? Fortunately, we don't have to (the United States won 4-2). Even thirty years after, looking back upon the game still brings an amazing sense of joy to Americans and only brings one word to mind: Miraculous.

No comments:

Post a Comment