Friday, February 12, 2010

O Canada, eh?

Well, the snow stopped. Finally. The roads are plowed, places are open again, and driveways are shoveled. Still, there's hardly anything to do. Right now, I'm eating sushi, playing Call of Duty, and writing songs. Why? Because I can.

Even though the snow isn't causing as much of a hassle as it was, say, five days ago, there's still over three feet of it everywhere. The kids in my neighborhood did the only logical thing to do: have a snowball fight. No matter how old you are, there's nothing quite like pegging one of your best friends in the face with a baseball-sized chunk of cold, wet snow.

With all this time off, I've had time to read most of Catcher In the Rye. Not just because I have to for school, though. I've actually really gotten into it. Granted, I doubt I would've gotten around to reading it if it weren't required, but I like it nonetheless.

The opening ceremony for the Olympics are tonight at 7:30, and an estimated 8 billion people worldwide are expected to watch. To compare, this year's Super Bowl, which was the most-watched TV show in U.S. history, drew in 106 million viewers. Multiply that by around 75, and that's about what you'll get for the Olympics tonight.

Let's here it for Canada, eh? Now that the Olympics are going to be held in Vancouver, dare I say that people will actually care about it? It's certainly gotten a lot of attention lately, especially in the previous few weeks. I guarantee that last year at this time, around half of the nation's population had never even heard of Whistler. But here's to Canada for finally making a name for itself other than hockey and maple leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment