Thursday, February 25, 2010

Are You In Good Hands?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL-STATE TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Since my choir is performing at the convention center in Baltimore, I have to get to the hotel early, do my part check for all-state at 9 (and hopefully pass), and then walk over. Assuming I do pass, my weekend will be spent at like 8-hour rehearsals to practice six or seven songs and perform them on Sunday. Crazy time, but so much fun. I was in Junior All-State (7th-, 8th-, and 9th-graders) last year and it was incredible. I'm assuming that everything at Senior All-State is gonna be better. Just like in Texas. But not so southern.

My friend John has decided to follow in my footsteps and revive his failed blog from two years ago. He's good at writing and stuff, and has a...unique sense of humor, to say the least. Check him out at http://myboringlife-john.blogspot.com/.

I took a field trip to the Capitol with my government class today. We took a 20-minute tour of the building itself, then we went to see Congress. First, we went to the House of Representatives. A Representative from Illinois was talking about terrorism, then a Representative from Florida talked about health care. Man, you never hear about those topics in this country. Then, we walked across to the Senate, where we sat in silence for about ten minutes until Pennsylvania Senator Robert P. Casey came out and started talking. It was a great experience altogether, and I have a (somewhat) greater appreciation for our government because of it. Doesn't mean I'll watch C-SPAN instead of ESPN from now on.

It was my Illinoisan friend's birthday yesterday. Happy birthday Cailey. It was two of my friends' birthdays today. Thanks for the pie. It wasn't my birthday. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

In all, I went to school two days this week. I never went to math. Let's hear it for rotating schedules!

Because of All-State this weekend, I'm not going to post anything for until Monday. Possibly Sunday night. Don't count on it, though. For all of you who have a blog addiction, get some help. Please. You're hurting more than just yourself. Think about how it affects your family and friends. Do the right thing. I believe in you. I also believe in Harvey Dent. Goodnight, Gotham City.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the plug. But if i started my blog two years ago...wouldn't you be following in my footsteps?

    ReplyDelete