Wednesday, February 3, 2010

X Marks the Spot. Not cos24°.

MEGAN FOX.

Now that I have your attention, it's February 3rd. Although it'll be two days after Groundhog Day, we're watching the movie Groundhog Day tomorrow in English. Something about the call denied in the hero's journey. I don't really care why we're watching it, I just know that I don't have to worry about doing much work early tomorrow morning.


Another Wednesday. Another night of chorale. Another set of oddities. I've just come to expect them now.

I don't enjoy math class. Precalculus, period 4A, Mrs. Barbieri, room 330. All the way on the third floor. I always go the same way up, so today I decided to take a different staircase. I got lost. Change isn't always a good thing. I got lost in my own freaking school that I've been in for over a year and a half. I want my old staircase back.

The one thing that's unique about having a three-story school building is the workout you get by going from class to class. My schedule is:

Third floor (English);
First floor (FOT);
First floor (Mads);
Third floor (Math)/Second floor (Bio);
Third floo (Government); and
Third floor (Spanish).

"Up and down, up and down, I will lead them up and down." One of the only quotes I remember from A Midsummer Night's Dream from last year. Puck said it. Up and down, up and down. Now, I am in no way out of shape, but by the time I get up to my class, I want a rest more than I actually want to learn. Up and down, up and down.

My electric guitar has a string broken and I haven't yet gotten around to replacing it, so I've been playing my acoustic a lot more lately. In fact, I've been playing guitar in general a lot more lately. Before Oklahoma! rehearsal every day, there's about a half-hour gap until we actually start, so I've been going to the guitar room and just playing there. I may not like precalc, but I love music. Unfortunately, I've been without an iPod since the start of winter break. I went sledding with it in my pocket, it worked fine when I got home, but the next day it just decided to stop working. I'm considering getting a Zune HD to replace it, though. 10 bucks more, but twice the memory. I just need my music. Every time I get on the computer, my iTunes shortcut calls to me, "Ted! Ted! Sync me! Listen to me! Love me!" Okay, no. It can't talk. And if it could, I'm sure it would be much less cliché. It would be cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment