Monday, February 15, 2010

Another Snowy Day. Surprise.

Fidel Casbro
Broseph Stalin
Brozo the Clown
Napoleon Bronaparte
Shaquille Bro'Neal
Broasis
Bro.A.R
Apolo Anton Brohno
Alex Brovechkin
Bro Theismann
Shoeless Bro Jackson
Seth Brogen
Bro Montana

I ordered a Microsoft Zune HD on Super Bowl Sunday. On the website, it said "Order by midnight PST on 2/7 to ensure 2/14 delivery." Today is 2/15. Now, one day doesn't mean that much to me, especially with all the snow we've gotten. Still, I decided to call up FedEx. Apparently, my Zune is in a big crate with other orders from Microsoft.  This crate is stuck in Anchorage, Alaska because Microsoft in China messed up some paperwork. Now it won't pass through U.S. customs. If all goes well, it should get loaded on a plane at around 4:00 this afternoon, and I'll get it by 10:30 tomorrow morning.

Last night, I downloaded a Taylor Swift album. Does that make me any less of a guy? I don't think so. Even if it was the platinum edition.

Olympic men's hockey starts tomorrow. I'm REALLY excited. People criticize the Winter Olympics a lot, saying that they're not as exciting as the Summer Olympics. I think that they have the potential to be much more exciting, depending on what sport you're watching. Of course, you're not gonna see great down-to-the-wire action in ice dancing, but already we've seen some pretty good endings to both the men's and women's moguls. In the women's, Canadian Jennifer Heil executed an almost flawless run which landed her in first place with only one competitor left, hoping to become the first Canadian to win a gold medal during a Canadian Olympics. However, these hopes were crushed by American Hannah Kearney, who stole her spot atop the podium within five minutes. The next night, another Canadian, Alexandre Bilodeau, was in the same position: a perfect run as the next-to-last competitor. Guilbaut Colas, from France, went down the slope in an incredible time, nearly two seconds faster than Bilodeau, but it wasn't enough. Colas landed himself in sixth place, leaving Bildeau in first and ending the Canadian drought. I don't know about you, but I'd take that over a complete blowout by Usain Bolt any day.

It's snowing out. Again. How is this much snow possible? Come on. It's Maryland, for crying out loud.

1 comment: