Monday, February 8, 2010

Who dat say they gonna write this blog? Who dat? Who dat?

THREE FEET OF SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Thirty-six inches of frozen water falling from the heavens and piling itself across the east coast. This snowpocalypse has caused trouble everywhere it's hit, including cancellations of events, delays and closings of school, and a WIDESPREAD INVASION OF SNOWMEN!

We were off school today. They canceled it for tomorrow this morning, too. It's supposed to snow 3-8 inches tomorrow, starting at noon. Any chance of going in Wednesday is pretty much shot. Thursday is a half day, with very little importance. If Wednesday is called, I'm guessing Thursday will too. Then no school Friday. I'm going out there and saying it now. We're not going in at all this week.

I woke up this morning at 9:15, went downstairs, and ate breakfast. Raisin Bran. After that, I got on the computer to check my email, expecting to see my daily Pearls Before Swine strip there. Instead, I got a pleasant message from my science teacher describing the assignment we have over this break. I'm angry. I don't want to learn about meiosis when there's snow outside. Therefore, I won't. Not today, at least. I want my Pearls.

So... anyone ever heard of a hockey team called the Capitals? Thought so. They're at the top of the National Hockey League, nursing a 14-game winning streak. Their next three games are on the road (Montreal, Ottawa, St. Louis). If they win those, they'll tie the NHL record set by the 1993 Pittsburgh Penguins, with a win over Buffalo to break it. It's been a long time since I've been proud to be a fan of a local team, but this year I've found myself wearing my UVA and Caps apparel with a great sense of pride.

I'm not sure if you watched that football game last night, but wow, was it good. It was a hard-fought game by both sides, and the Saints came out on top. Unless you were a lifelong, hardcore Colts fan, how could you not root for the Saints? They were America's feel-good story, and even President Obama chose them. Drew Brees proved himself to be, without a doubt, one of the greatest quarterbacks in the game today, and the city of New Orleans finally has something to cheer about. Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints (besides the Cowboys, Buccaneers, and Panthers)? That's right. No one.

No comments:

Post a Comment