Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

I think it's kind of incredible how much we take some of our best friends for granted. We all know who they are. The people you spend the most time with, laugh the loudest with, talk the most with. But to me, I think the most defining quality in a best friend is your ability to come to them about anything. Someone you can complain to, someone you can rejoice to, someone you can talk to when you're having the worst day of your life, someone you can talk to when you're having the best day of your life. Unfortunately, we often overlook this trait in our friends. Even so, we all have these kinds of friends. Take five minutes to think about what those friends do for you, and what life would be like without them. Maybe even say thanks, if you're feeling up to it. They're as important to your life as your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment