Friday, March 26, 2010

Wanna hear a joke? It's Friday!!! Okay, it's not a joke, but if I asked you "Wanna hear what day of the week it is?," I doubt you would have been as excited.

Ahh... field training. As I stated before, I work as an umpire for the local little league. Last night was field training, when we all go out to the field so the newbies can get some hands-on experience making calls and standing around. As a level 5 this year, I just have to be there to kind of "teach" the level 1's what to do. In the HCYP umpire system, the level 1's are the lowest of the low: pick up trash and equipment in the shed, sweep up dirt on the floor, and pretty much do all the dirty work. Good news this year! We're getting paid in cash! Better news: We get free snowballs! Not so good news: We still don't get free hamburgers. Even though they're the same freaking price, we still only get our hot dog and soda per game.

Hot Hot Heat. Favorite band at the moment.

You may notice that this post has no title. This is because last night I was up until midnight writing an English paper. I finished the paper in about 45 minutes, but then was up for about another half hour attempting to come up with a title (That, and the fact that I was distracted by the Xavier/Kansas St. basketball game). I finally got one, but I've used up all of my title creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment